Passports and Documentation for Bermuda

Before you leave for Bermuda, make sure you've got your passport and any documents you'll need

Take your passport to Bermuda

No matter what country you come from, you'll need to have some kind of documentation to pass through Bermuda's borders. Knowing what you'll need will help speed up the process.

Documents For Entry

All travelers hoping to gain entry into Bermuda are required to have a passport or re-enter the United States.  All visitors, including those from the U.S. and Canada, are required to show on-going or return tickets.

Visitors who wish to stay for more than three weeks must apply in person for an extended stay visa with the Chief Immigration Officer.

All travelers should also be aware that as of 2007, entering or re-entering the U.S. will now also require a passport. 

Documents for Marriage

Couples who want to get married on Bermuda must file a Notice of Intended Marriage at their local Bermuda Tourism Office. Those who have been previously married will need a copy of the final divorce decree or official death certificate of their former spouse.


An International Student Identification Card (ISIC) is a worthwhile investment for any student traveling abroad. The card costs about $22(USD) and can be purchased at any Student Travel Agency office (STA Travel) or ordered online from various websites. Have your driver's license or passport and your official school identification on hand when purchasing the card. An ISIC card entitles the bearer to discounts on airfare, rail tickets, bus passes, event tickets, and entrance fees. However, this is by no means an exhaustive list of the benefits of an ISIC card.

Other Documents

Before departing for your trip, make two extra copies of all your identification in addition to copies of your airline tickets, hotel vouchers, cruise itineraries, and medical documentation such as prescriptions.

With these documents in hand, you will be ready to enter into Bermuda and enjoy the trip of a lifetime.